Thursday, April 05, 2007

StarCloudRAgonFly

http://zmyztickleonion.blogspot.com/2007/04/starcloudragonfly.html



Deep in the
sun-searched growths
the dragonfly
Hangs like a blue thread loosened from
the sky.
Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Silent Noon

The DragonFly symbolizes Illusion and dreams. DragonFly is the power of light. The DragonFly inhabits two realms: air and water. DragonFlies, or damselflies, were connected to Freya the Norse goddess of love, fertility and warfare. Freya was famous for her beauty and her knowledge as a magician. It was she who taught Odin the shamanic practices known as seidr. The paired bodies of mating DragonFlies form the shape of a heart, perhaps being the source for that modern symbol of love. In ancient lore, the DragonFly represents transformation, adaptation and insight. (http://www.crystalinks.com/dragonfly.html) (http://www.dreamstime.com/dragonflies-image1760530) In North American Indian lore, the DragonFly is the essence of the winds of change, representing the messages of wisdom and enlightenment; and communication from the elemental world. The DragonFly possesses the ability to see through illusion. They bring prosperity and harmony.(http://www.dragonflydream.com/delight.html) DragonFly is associated with the nature angels, devas,and fairies. If one flies into your life it may be time to hike, camp, or play with some plants. Reconnect with your elemental nature by going outdoors and finding the divine all around you.
DragonFly's wings are clear but can appear colored in different lights. Similarly, our emotions color our reality. DragonFly urges you to look beyond illusions and see the truth that is right in front of you. (http://www.snowwowl.com/animallore/rlanimalsother2.html)
(sea allsew I Did Not Die-April 2007 & InMemoria09112006 4Mor)

Just call me
'Creativity Gone Wild'
An after affect of this wretched knee recupeRAtion i'm going thru.
i think this poem was sent from one of my soul sisters to another, but alas i cannot remember the reason. Anywho, that sister and i both love dragonflies. (The consensus seems to be that Miche found it when Rita was trying to find a name for her line of stitchery-Dragonfly Threads-makes sense qué no?)


The background is yet amother shot of The Mountain Profile, a fave subject from my life in CorralLess. And,O, the specks are not glitches in the photae, they are hot air balloons. Wouldn't you like to ride? Oops, almost forgot the source 4 the DragonFly!

12 comments:

ShaRi said...

These kind words are from my friend Jane:
I associate this with the Blue Tara (sea RAinBowTaRA) as she is the Tara of the 3rd eye. Many years ago when owned the Yoga center down town, a friend led a meditation class that I attended. I didn't figure I would really gain anything from it. Ha, little did I know! We were to choose a card from the Tarot deck. I chose the Starcard from the major Arcana. We were to visualize walking through the card to whatever was beyand it. I accomplished this and met face to face with the Blue Tara. She gave me a basket which was filled with sparkling stars. On the Horizon were rainbows and butterflies and many more sparkling stars. She told me that no matter where I went on my journey I would find more to share with the World. The stories and poetry would never end.
I share this with you to let you know that you too shall never be with out photos or writings to share with others. You are very gifted in so many ways.

I also today 4-7-07added a poem:

Come walk through,
This world with me.
Over mountains of man's desire.
Out past the end of the galaxy,
There are vast dimensions
For the mind to perceive,
In new realms of eternity,
Great dreams do exist,
Outside this world,
Of emptiness.

November 30 1995

ShaRi said...

i might add that the StarCard is one of my favorite Tarot cards!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, saw your post today at Spirit Bear's salon and jumped on over to your blog where I found your neat StarCloudRagonfly! Cool to see my website linked. Although I do have to admit I had to close down my non profit due to lack of funding so the the delight is kinda gone......

www.dragonflydream.com

ShaRi said...

Sorry the funding is gone dragonflydream. Sadly, that is always a problem in the artistic community.

In case anyone is curious, this is Spirit Bear's salon:
http://abearnamedhope.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, since I don't know your email I'm resorting to posting here, hope you don't mind. I'm new to blogging and have set up an account today, www.thedragonflydream.blogspot.com but I am having a really hard time with blogger. I never can log in, I have to keep reseting my password. This is such a drag. Do you know of a fix?

ShaRi said...

If you can get in then blogspot has a pretty good help section, which is where i found this:
"Incorrect password" error even with a correct password.

If you are certain that you are using the correct password, but still see an error about it, then the problem is most likely with your username. This can be a little confusing, but if you accidentally use someone else's username, then your own password will not match it and Blogger will display an error, since it thinks you are really the other person trying to log in. The thing to do in this case is to recover your username.

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41971&topic=10269

Didn't i see you discovered that you shared this name with several others?

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, yes, I seem to have to reset my password each time I want to do anything on the blogs, it is a real drag let me tell you...... Are you in Santa Fe?

ShaRi said...

The next time you go into your blog go to the help section or the page i listed. the' recover your username' is in blue on that page, meaning you can click on it and it will take you to the next step. If all else fails, i think you can find a way to contact the blogger folks for help.

i'm in Albuquerque

i luv your logo by-the-way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, ABQ huh, that's nice. You are a collage artist,yes? Do you have a website or just the blog? I've given up almost on blogger. I have to reset my passowrd each time I want to do anything. Sigh. I'm glad you like my logo. Have you been to my website?
www.dragonflydream.com

ShaRi said...

Yes, i do digital collage, which can bee quite magical at times. i have a website but it is 'under construction', so the blog remains my site for now.
Perhaps you could try a different way of spelling your user name, like zdragonflysdream or something. i have seen your site and you certainly have a lot to explore.
Here's a web site that is a blog and has a wonderful dragonfly image too.
http://www.solasdana.org/

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, ummm, don't see a way to change my user name unless I create a new account. My user name is linked to my email. It's all so odd. That is a beautiful dragonfly image you pointed me to, thanks! Keep me in mind when your website goes live. I'd love to see your collages.

ShaRi said...

All of the images on this blog are collages.
You can see some more here:
http://www.greenphoenixproductions.com/brooks.html